10/26/16

Leatherman Mini-Tool

Another one of my favorites, unfortunately no longer in production.

Leatherman Mini-Tool is half the size of original PST, making it absolutely great for EDC. Due to it's small size Mini-Tool had a very limited tool selection: a file (doubling as a flat screwdriver) and a very small blade. Well, handles were also cut out to serve as a bottle opener (quite functional, actually) and a can opener (I never even tried to open a can with it, though). However - and that's an important one - it also included full-size pliers and handles, unlike later pocket models like Squirt.

I'm a long-time Victorinox user and I carry my Swiss army knife almost everywhere. This habit is so strong, that when I started to carry multitools, I always ended up having both Swiss army knife and a multitool with me - and I always reached for a SAK first. Leatherman Mini-Tool turned out to be the perfect EDC complement for a Victorinox knife.


Not really much room in there for a wide selection of additional tools...

No comments:

Post a Comment